Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Living Room Scheme

Although I am an Interior Designer and work on other people's homes on a daily basis, I find it difficult to make any decisions when it comes to my own home. I love so many different styles of furniture, fabric patterns, and color schemes, how can I possibly narrow it down?! A great way to try out a design scheme is to create an inspiration board. That way you're able to see all of the pieces of furniture, fabrics, and colors in one place. It's a great way to view different "looks" before making any big purchases or changes. My online based design firm, Good Style Design, provides customized inspiration boards and floor plans to make the interior design process much easier.

Currently I am working on completing the design of our living room. We already have a dark green sectional from Ashley Furniture, throw pillows that I made using a  Kravet fabric, and three red side tables by Umbra from Bed, Bath & Beyond. I like the idea of brightening the space up with two small white coffee tables from IKEA with baskets underneath for extra storage (also from IKEA). Then the white locker-inspired piece from IKEA would be used as our TV stand.

As I said, it's hard for me to make a decision, so I may have to put together a few more inspiration boards before settling on a final design. Stay tuned for the final look!


No comments:

Post a Comment